REFILL NOT LANDFILL
Introducing Our Container Return Program for 20 L Containers
Our 20 L return container program, which has been operating for over 25 years, is being extended to our direct use industrial and commercial customers in the Maritimes.
The program works in the following way
- The price for each 20 L cleaning product sold includes a $ 10.00 refundable deposit on the container. At this stage there is no change in the product cost to the customer
- When the container is empty the customer then returns the 20 L container to our factory and receives a $ 10.00 credit
- The customer has reduced the cost of their product by $ 10.00
- The container is cleaned and reused
- WE ONLY ACCEPT FOR RETURN 20 L containers that have both our product label and container return label attached to them
To obtain the $ 10.00 credit, we ask that you
- Return the container empty and rinsed out
- Return the container in a reasonably clean and reusable condition
- Return the container with the cap intact and bleed valve on
- The customer is responsible for the return costs of the container(s)
Based on 25 years experience of container reuse, we estimate that a 20 L container can be used between 10 and 20 times before it has to be discarded. This offers significant environmental and economic advantages, in that
- Landfill and plastic pollution are both reduced
- Customers save money by reducing costs
- Resource use decreases as less new containers need to be manufactured.
We believe that our container reuse program is beneficial to our community and environment. We invite our customers to join with us and share the benefits of this program.
Return Shipping for Maritime Customers
For Maritime customers in areas service by MBW courier, you can ship your containers for return using MBW Courier. The cost of this service is $ 25.00 per each shipment of 10 X 20 L containers. The shipping cost will be deducted from the total credit.
Please contact us for details as to how to use this return service.
Recognition of Our Container Reuse Programs
In 1998, we were presented with an award for Pollution Prevention by the CCME (Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment) in recognition of the container return programs that we operate.